A simple and easy recipe on how to make the perfect homemade chakalaka, if you have been searching “how to make chakalaka”, search no more!
1 onion, chopped
1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
3 carrots, grated
3 chillies, sliced in half
1 tablespoon curry powder
3 tomatoes, chopped
salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 can KOO baked beans
- In a large saucepan heat oil and fry onions, green pepper, garlic, chillies and curry powder for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, season with salt & pepper and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the baked beans
- Cover the saucepan and cook over low heat until all ingredients are soft.