1. Firstly, what’s the story behind the pencil over your ear? I write a lot of lists like prep lists and shopping lists and it’s just the perfect place to keep it 🙂 and they are branded so I use them as business cards.
2. What inspires you to come up with some of your food combinations , I mean who mixes Apples with pork and adds Mayonnaise. I generally know what goes together, flavor wise, but I am mainly inspired by produce. Like mushrooms grow next to wood sorrel so they naturally go together. Otherwise it’s just free styling.
3. Do you have any plans of opening a culinary school anywhere in Africa? Not at the moment I don’t think I have the patience.
4. If you only had R100 to set up dinner or a picnic for two what would you put together? I would keep it really simple and do a bean salad with chili, beef heart tare tare on toast with avo.
5. Any leftover meal ideas that you can share with your fans. I love left overs.. My favorite at the moment is a left over cottage pie Jaffle with turmeric and shallot yogurt.
6. What is a typical day like for you? Eat .. Coffee.. Cook.. Sleep repeat.