A firm top 10 Favourite South African food to eat, we created the famous Cape Town Gatsby, OUR WAY.
What you’ll need
1 large french/Cheese roll
Medium box Slap chips
4 slices cheese
400g beef stir-fry strips
4 strips bacon
3 traditional spice smoked russians
2 tablespoons atchaar
1. Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large pan and fry onions until golden brown.
3. Add steak and fry on both sides until cooked.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Close pan with lid and allow to simmer.
5. In a different pan, fry bacon and russians.
Time to assemble your Gatsby:
Slit the bread horizontally without cutting all the way through, fold open and spread butter on the inside.
Spread atchaar and cheese on one half.
Arrange the steak slices and chips on one half of the sandwich. Spread sauces of your choice on chips.
Add russians and bacon, top your Gatsby with lettuce.
Close the sandwich and cut carefully into half.