This cheesy garlic creamed spinach is the perfect add on to any Sunday 7-colours meal.
What you’ll need:
500g spinach, well, washed, drained and roughly chopped
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons crushed garlic
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spinach in large handfuls until all the spinach is added, and cook for 15 seconds.
- Remove from the pot and drain in a colander and immediately run the spinach under cold water to stop the cooking. Try to squeeze out any excess water.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic, cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir for a 1 minute.
- Stir in heavy cream and cheese.
- Cook the mixture, stirring slowly and continuously, until the sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
Additional add-ons for your Sunday 7-colours: Quick and easy homemade chakalaka