2 cups plain flour
3 Teaspoons baking powder
3⁄4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Mix everything, leaving butter for last.
- Sift together the flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, milk together and pour into the flour mixture then beat until smooth (no lumps)
- Grease a frying pan with butter.
- Drop or pour small amounts of batter onto frying pan.
- Turn and cook other side when bubbles appear on surface of crumpet.
- Serve warm with butter, jam or bacon, banana slices and cream. (You can decide on your own toppings)